Nipon

Monday, November 12, 2007

A simple complicated trip to US!



* 11:00 PM Edmonton
I convinced myself to not goof around with my computer as my flight was early in the morning at 6:30 AM. I set two alarms to 5:00 AM and went to bed around 11:15 PM.

* 4:30 AM Edmonton
I woke up suddenly! Something told me that I have to go to the airport now instead of setting out at 5:00 AM! I don't know what was it but I trusted the feeling.

* 2:20 PM Montreal
I was happy. The journey was so far so good. I finished going through Toronto and Montreal, had my checkin sorted and my passport was checked the only thing which was left was my "special security check". My flight to Boston was at 3:15 PM, so I thought that I have enough time...

* 3:10 PM Montreal.
I was still with an officer. He asked me all sort of questions like what am I doing in US, what is my exact plan in US, where do I stay, what is my credit card number, ... why my uncle changed his name after migrated to US, ... While being wondered about why I am going through this again as I did this last year, my puzzled face turned into an angry/sad face. "He missed his flight, so he should reschedule." said the other officer who entered the room.

* 4:10 PM Montreal..
I rescheduled my flight for 6:50 PM (boarding on 6:15 PM) as I had enough time, I ordered some food and rested a bit to forget what happened a few hours ago and continue my happy trip to US.

* 6:10 PM Montreal...
I felt an strange feeling, as I found the gate that I had to board empty! "Oh this flight has been postponed to gate 78", said the Air Canada staff at the gate. The strange look on the face of a young man gave me a little bit of hope that I am not alone on this. We rushed through the gate 78. Nobody was there! The staff on the neighbor gate told me: "Relax, the gate has not been opened yet." Well it is all good I can rest a bit more. Apparently the flight has been delayed a bit since she added that the time on the monitor is the boarding time. It showed 6:50 PM. I felt a bit relieved and started to look for a plug to do something with the remaining 40 minutes.

* 6:50 PM Montreal....
Founding the gate empty again, I screamed "Shiiiit!" in my chest. After talking to the old man there, he replied young man the flight went on 6:50 PM. People started boarding on 6:20. God knows how much I hated the earlier staff that I talked toat that moment... "Next flight 8:00 PM", he added while giving me the new boarding pass. Wasn't that big of a deal, until I remembered the last sentence of my conversation with the staff of the bed & breakfast in Boston:

- We will only be open till 9:00 PM, you are not going to arrive afterwards, are you?
- No I will be in town by 4:38 PM (you wish...)

* 7:00 PM Montreal.....
After calling the bed & breakfast and explaining the story he promised to put the keys in a password protected box! I took the plane on 8:10 PM.

* 9:10 PM Boston
I was only thinking of one thing. Get to my room ASAP. Got the first cab. Surprisingly the english of the driver was poor and I could barely communicate with him. He told me that he know the address. We wandered about 10 minutes around the address...

* 10:30 PM Boston / Now
I am finally home. They had a letter attached to the wall for me and the instruction was accurate, a bit like James Bond movies!

" Set the password to xxxx"
" Push down the light black trigger and the same time pull out the notch on the top"
" There are two keys there. Only pick the one with your names on it!"

Anyway, now I am so tired and I have lots of meetings tomorrow. If you actually reached this part of the story, you should have liked it and be tired of the reading at the same time so here is some tim bits:

* If you are Iranian, never enter US boarder in connection flights.
* Don't trust the word of every staff in the airport. Double check it at least with someone else.
* If you are a computer addicted person, bear with it for the last 30 minutes of your boarding time. Don't wonder around for a power plug. I know you can schedule time but just don't take the risk!

1 Comments:

  • ohhh... ajab.hamejaye donya saraye man ast engar! moteasefam ke ehsase najoori dashtam rajebe safare toolanie to.kashfe ertebatesh bar ohdeye daneshjoo.be ma che! tahe livan ke ye ghatre hast o bebin.belakhare recdiii!! ;)
    take care

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home