Nipon

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

UPS (based on a true story)



Act 1:
Opening the door, a UPS notice caught my attention. "We tried to reach you today on 1:30. but you were not home. Another attempt will be made on Monday between 10:30-2:00."

Act 2:
- UPS customer service. How may I help you?
- I am calling regarding a failed package delivery attempt on Friday. I am going to miss the next attempt as well since I am not going to be home!
- Just sign the back and ask someone else to receive the package.

Act 3:
-Hi Hesam! Are you going to be around on Monday 10:30-2:00 ?
- Yeah
- Can you receive my package from UPS?
- OK

I signed the notice and noted to deliver my package to Hesam.

Act 4:
I saw another notice of failed delivery on the door! Calling Hesam, I realized that UPS ignored my previous notice and put up another notice. They will try the final attempt on the next day 200-5:00 PM. I called UPS customer service right after.

(Explained the story)
- Sorry, I realize the frustration. An agent will call you within an hour.
The phone did not ring that night!

Act 5:
- Hi, Is this Alborz?
- Yeah
- I am calling regarding your package which is scheduled for today.
- Great! I was wondering if you can ship the package after 5 instead of 2:00-5:00.
- Oh! Actually the driver is already out and I wanted to confirm with you to be home around 11-12!
- What?! there is no way that I can be there. The notice mentioned 2-5!
- Yeah, but the driver is coming from Quebec. So ... OK, I will try to contact the driver and let him know. I will let you know after 11.

Act 6:
(11:00 AM)
- Hey Alborz! where are you?
- In the department. Whats up?
- There is a package for you and they need your signature! I met the UPS guy by luck.
- Ah damn it! Can you do it?
- I will try.

Act 7:
(11:30)
- Is it Alborz?
- Yeah
- I am calling from UPS to inform you that your package was successfully delivered to your destination.
- Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home