Nipon

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Updates on the catasrophy




Pentium 4 3.0 GHz √
2 GB Kingston RAM √
Ari Radeon 9800 Pro √
Gigabyte 8PI1000 Pro 3 x

Thanks to Charls (our department's hardware staff), I could diagnose some of my computer parts. I could not believe what I saw. If you look at the board (top picture), you could identify the left bottom dead capacitor which also leaked some stuff on the top. We could also find some other dead parts such as regulators. On the back (bottom picture), you will notice the top right part of the board with a different color. Yes it is true, it was burned from the heat! I will go ahead and ask Gigabyte for more clarification on this. I used the Zalman P4 cpu fan which is known to be pretty descent, also my case is usually open so the air circulation should be enough ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home