Nipon

Saturday, July 22, 2006

9 Hours Pleasure and Pain - Part 2




9:30 PM - Boston - Airport - Terminal C - Still Gate 12

Well it was nice to see Pascal there after that much of trouble. We started to talk to each other for awhile and I also get to know his student. Our discussion was suddenly stopped by a note: "Flight 369 to Toronto will be available in gate 15 soon!". We started to shift our stuff to Gate 15.

9:10 PM - Boston - Airport - Terminal C - Gate 15

After a bit of talking, the airport announced an interesting message: "We are sorry for the confusion tonight, but flight 369 will going to dock with Gate 14 and the flight which was supposed to use gate 14 will use 15 instead". I was thinking of laughing out loud, but the clapping crowed excited me more ... I though it was too much of teasing, but it was funny at the same time. We flew about 10:40 PM!

12:00 PM - Toronto - Airport

The airplane arrived at the Toronto safe and sound. After getting my luggage, I decided to go straight forward to my uncle's house and have a nice sleep. The only little problem was that in the address I could not see the number of the house! Well it was not a huge deal. I had the number of my uncle on my laptop. So I opened it, and start writing the numbers, but the number was gone, and the laptop died because of the battery!

I will let you know why ... I searched the address of my uncle on google map. Since it couldn't find the address, I trimmed the part it could not realize and pasted it back over the previous wrong address + phone number!

Now what I have to do? Address is not complete and no contact number.

12:30 AM - Toronto - Airport - Terminal C

Ok. I started to think for awhile and see what options I have:

* Call my friends in Toronto to see if they have my uncle's number
(Note that I had no change, and the airport was like a dead land! I went all around and found a lady who speared me a 25 cent coin.)

-> I called my first friend with that coin, he was could not help me, and he was sleep!
Since I didn't have any more coins I couldn't proceed with the rest of the plan.

* Call my aunt in Baltimore to get the number.
-> I used my credit card, but nobody picked the phone :(

* Call Iran! to get my uncles number.
(You can use your credit card for long distances and international calls, and usually this would cost you a lot, but I could care less in that situation)
-> For some reason the phone did not like Iran's code. It could not connect ...

* Go to Terminal A in order to use a computer with internet.
(I still had my uncle's number on skype!)

I tried to stay out side for a while in order to find a ride. But who might show up on 1:00 AM ?
I got to know a guy with cellphone :D

12:50 AM - Toronto - Airport - Terminal C - Shuttle bus stop

I asked the guy to see if he has some changes but he offered me his cellphone. I started to call my friends. As you might guess, all of them were sleep and they could not help me. I was hopelessly walking inside the room and looking for a miracle and I found one!
I saw a plug, I started to whisper to my god for a sec: "Just make the impossible happen."

I connected my laptop to the plug and it started to charge up. I closed my eyes and asked for another miracle: "Let me get online!" I searched the wireless networks ... It was there! After a few trials I could get connected.

I called my uncle through the skype, and realized that the "Foiltree" term at beginning of the address was "43" actually! I went downstairs and took the cab.

1:00 AM - Toronto - The Cab

He was an Indian driver. At the beginning, he thought that I am a wired guy, dealing drugs or something. After a while we starting to have a relaxing conversation but as you may guess ... We got lost! The driver stopped and ask his friend. After getting the direction, he started riding the car. Meanwhile he said:" I am so unlucky, this is my last trip and I should go through this!"

I started to talk about my story, but I preferred to answer his complain with a simple smile ... I was also too tired to tell him what has happened to me.

I arrived at my uncle's house around 1:45 AM and start writing the previous message around 2:45.

1 Comments:

  • Ooh ya! Life is tough sometime, you better be prepared!!!!!!!
    just laugh it out!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home