Nipon

Friday, July 21, 2006

9 Hours Pleasure and Pain - Part 1



Ok. You might think that I am crazy, but I thought that if I dont write this down now, I cant do it later. So here we go.

This is 2:16 AM and I am in Toronto, but lets go back about 9 hours ...

5:00 PM - Boston Seaport Hotel
The conference was finished and I was chilling out with my friends. After a little bit of talk I remembered that I have a flight @ 7:00 PM to Toronto and after a more little of thinking I also noticed that since I am an Iranian so I should register my departure in the airport as well. I grabbed my bag and checked my flight it was 9:00 PM but I thought with myself to not make any risk and lets go straightforward to the airport.

5:20 PM - Boston - The Bus!
I took the Metro-Bus of Boston which usually goes to the airport. One point here: Never trust their Metro system, If you are in a rush, an accident definitely happens! Well, I was not in a rush. I had 3 hours and 40 minutes. The bus was started to move slowly, and after it completely stopped I preferred to take out my earplugs and listen to the sentences of an agent with bright yellow cloths, which seemed to be more important than my ipod. "An accident happend in the tunnel and the bus can not go further. Please use the Metro instead of the bus. The Airport is only 2 stops away" Said the agent. People start complaining, but they started to move since the didn't want to miss their flight.

5:30 PM - Boston - The Metro

It was packed more than you can imagine. Apparently we weren't the only bus! People started to complain to the officer as full trains were leaving the waited passengers behind.
At last I got on. One advise here: "Never carry stuff that you think you might use, only take the stuff that you sure you use." It will make your life way more easier specially when you have to push all of your suitcases inside a train while lots of people are waiting with tired and anxious eyes! I got off at the station. There was a transit bus from there to the airport, and you dont want to know how packed was the bus. Luckily the bus got full right before my eyes, but I mean it luckily since the next bus was right behind the full one: Empty. We left the station with 3 passengers and the cool breeze inside the bus refreshed my tired face.

6:30 PM - Boston - Airport - Terminal C

I had lots of time to waste before my departure, but I didn't risk any of it. I started to check in, but my bag was 53.5 pounds (The limit is 50) so I removed some of the books from my luggage and the lady accepted it. Being asked by the lady for my passport, I opened the luggage again and took out my documents, but wait a minute ... I am an Iranian ... After getting a few hints from the lady there I realized that I have to go to another terminal for this procedure. About 10 min away ... I hate politics!

6:40 PM - Boston - Airport - Terminal E

I found the place: US customs and security of the borders. The guy looked at my passport, asked a few questions, fingerprinted me, and took a picture. It was done and I headed back to Terminal C again.

6:50 PM - Boston - Airport - Terminal C

I checked in, and went towards the security. Right after I passed the gate which scans you for any metallic object, I saw a sparkle in the eyes of the security officer! My boarding pass had a note in the remarks section: "S S S S". I dont know what it is stands for but it caused me to go through the special inspection section ...
They searched my body and finger printed all of my stuff. If you are carious YES I was offended a lot. This actually forced me to ask the officer:

- Why I was not being searched when I was entering the US?
- You either used a local airline, or they forgot to do it ...

I walked away with a slight sadness. Now all I was graving for was a plug and possibly internet, but instead I found burger king. Well, I was hungry as well, but since they run out of the large buns, I ordered a junior (small) whopper combo. I ate the burger, sooner than the time my mind wanted to release the dopamine ;)

7:30 PM - Boston - Airport - Terminal C - Starbucks

I had about one hour before my boarding time and a couple of my favorite anime episodes: NANA 14 and Air Gear 13. It filled my hour with lots of pleasure and I set out to gate 12 hoping to find an outlet to charge my dying laptop.


8:30 PM - Boston - Airport - Terminal C - Gate 12

The first thing that cough my eye was the sign on the back of the staff on gate 12: Toronto 9:30. Well that half an hour could be pain full with a laptop so I searched for an outlet.

I plugged my power adapter and connected it to my laptop, also connected my dying ipod to my laptop in order to revive them all at the same time, but no sign of power ... well since broken outlets can be found anywhere, I started to search for other outlets. It was odd since non of the are working. It got more odd when I connected it to an outlet that a person was using a while ago happily while my laptop was still sad after! I concluded that my power adapter is dead ...

9:00 PM - Boston - Airport - Terminal C - Still Gate 12

Well, no laptop, no ipod ... I bought a magazine called Us which is all about celebrities and stuff but it was better than looking at the waiting faces of the people. While coming back I saw a familiar face. It was Pascal.

To Be Continued ...

It is 3:09 AM. I better go to bed before righting noncense ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home