Nipon

Monday, July 23, 2007

Victoria, you can not hide anymore!

Currently, I am sitting on one of the sits on the Queen of Victoria ferry and enjoying the beautiful scenery. You know sometime you plan in every single detail of your trip and then it gets all messed up? A while ago, I planned to go to Victoria for a one day visit. I used all of my talent in searching the internet and asked my friend in Victoria and considered all of the options which can take me from UBC campus to the Victoria island. Nowadays, we have nice online services such as trip planners. You can specify your departure location, destination, and your desired time, and the website takes care of the rest. So everything was set. Here was the plan:
* 5:30 Wake up
* 5:45 Prepare
* 6:03 Bus # 17 to Vancouver Downtown
* 6:40 Switch Bus to Airport Station
* 7:05 Switch Bus to Tsawwassen Depot
* 8:00 Boarding Ship
* 9:40 Victoria

Well seemed pretty good to me! Although ... Here is what actually happened:

* 5:40 Woke up
* 5:45 realized the mistake on the date of planning!
* 5:50 realized that there is no bus to the ferry for my desired time!!
* 5:55 Prepare!!!
* 6:05 Talking to the people on the lobby
* 6:15 Taking a cab to Central Station
* 6:30 Buying a ticket package to Victoria!
* 6:45 Boarding the bus
* 8:00 Boarding the ship
* 9:40 Victoria

It worked in the end so I can not complain! :) The view on the deck is spectacular. Small islands full of trees surrounded with water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home