Nipon

Friday, January 12, 2007

Happiness, Freedom, and Math?!

I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I came up with a model to show the freedom, happiness and life of a person.

Ball: Current situation of psycholagical behavior of a person.
Cone: World the person sees through his/her life. Obviously, it is not the entire world!
Theta: A parameter which is decided by another influnce. The person can not change it, but he/she may suffer from it!
V: Current flow of the life for the person (Velocity).
a: Current decisions (angle) and efforts (magnitude) of the person(Acceleration) = Freedom.
h: Happiness!

* Hitting the cone = suffering.

Interesting results:

If you hit the cone it hurts, so you want to get to the higher levels of the cone which means more happiness.

Gravity holds here! so you might suffer or benefit from theta but you can't do anything about. Therefore it is better to live with it! It might change suddenly.

If you screw up a lot, you will end up at the bottom of the cone where you hit the cone a lot and suffer a lot! => Happiness ~= 0.

I beleive no mather how hard the life would be (Even theta = 90), you can still use your a to reach high value of h. Although the amount is depended to theta, h, and v.

This is the first time that I actually wrote than my thoughts, and I know it is still raw and needs more thought to get matured. So if you have any comment, feel free to post it here. I would be glad to read any feed back even something like: It totally does not make sense!

2 Comments:

  • This was interesting ... I liked the cone ...

    By Blogger eli, at 3:02 PM  

  • I hoped it was as simple as you described ...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home